From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Recovering root password
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 19:13:34
1 On Tuesday 25 March 2008, Steven Lembark wrote:
2 > >> them. Things have indeed changed since 1978
3 >
4 > Unless you include the time in 1972 that some of
5 > my friends broke into the computer room, hacked
6 > the PDP-11, and inserted "Panther, Pink" into
7 > every class in the highschool.
8 >
9 > They have remained hugely the same :-)
10
11 I stand corrected :-)
12
13 The technology and what people are supposed to do with computers has
14 changed a lot.
15
16 What wise-ass kids DO do with them has stayed exactly the same.
17
18 Sidenote: I'll expect that most of those same hacker kids are now
19 well-respected and competent IT professionals, right? That also hasn't
20 changed much over the years...
23 Alan McKinnon
24 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
27 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list