From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: gentoo older versions
Date: Sat, 02 May 2009 16:08:00
1 Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2009-05-02, Nitin Kanaskar <nitinvk04@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >> I am looking for older versions of gentoo - 1.x, 2.x,...
8 > Gentoo doesn't have "versions". Individual packages have
9 > versions.
12 >> I browsed source repositories - gentoo, gentoo-src, gentoo-x86
13 >> - could not find/identify it.
16 > You're going to have to explain what "it" is.
20 Since he is going back to some really old stuff, several years it looks
21 like, wouldn't he have trouble with some stuff even existing any more?
22 Doesn't the really old stuff get removed from the tree? Would he be
23 able to get the correct ebuilds to even tell portage how to install the
24 old versions?
25
26 I'm not sure I get the reason for this.
27
28 Dale
29