From: Ryan Sims <rwsims@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: JMicron confusion
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 23:24:01
1 On 9/29/06, Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > On 9/29/06, Ryan Sims <rwsims@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > Let me rephrase my question: If I only use SATA drives, non RAID,
4 > > they only run through the P975 southbridge, and I should be ok, right?
5 >
6 > Well I don't own one of these things, but it looks like the SATA stuff
7 > goes through the JMicron chip, while the RAID is provided by the 975.
8
9 I thought it was the other way around?
10
11 Southbridge
12 - 4 x SATA 3.0 Gb/s ports
13 JMicron(r) JMB363 PATA and SATA controller
14 - 1 x UltraDMA 133/100/66 for up to 2 PATA devices
15 - 1 x Internal SATA 3.0 Gb/s port
16 - 1 x External SATA 3.0 Gb/s port (SATA On-the-Go)
17 - Support SATA RAID 0, 1 and JBOD
18
19 (from http://usa.asus.com/products4.aspx?modelmenu=2&model=1178&l1=3&l2=11&l3=307)
20
21 That seems to say that 4 SATA drives can go through the Southbridge
22 (P965, typo earlier, sorry)
23 --
24 Ryan W Sims
25