From: Bo Andresen <bo.andresen@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New To Gentoo and Emerge, No ACPI in Kernel
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 01:53:46
1 On Thursday 30 March 2006 02:53, Lord Sauron wrote:
2 > Later I hope to reinsert my Live CD and get the
3 > pretty stuff off of it to beautify my Gentoo.
4
5 For what kind of beautifying do you need the Live CD? If you are referring to
6 the splash theme that it uses then it is in portage.
7
8 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_fbsplash
9
10 > However, even before beautification I have to figure out how to mount
11 > my USB memory stick (/dev/sda1), however, that's for another thread.
12
13 What you want is CONFIG_USB_STORAGE in the kernel configuration. The following
14 is from make menuconfig:
15
16 Symbol: USB_STORAGE [=m]
17 Prompt: USB Mass Storage support
18 Defined at drivers/usb/storage/Kconfig:9
19 Depends on: USB
20 Location:
21 -> Device Drivers
22 -> USB support