From: Jigme Datse Yli-Rasku <jigme.datse@×××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, Alan Grimes <ALONZOTG@×××××××.net>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Nvidia-drivers,
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2018 17:22:09
1 Some time around when Spectre/Meltdown were announced, I started
2 experiencing similar problems. I don't know "what's wrong" because so
3 far I have found no answers.
4
5 The best I can offer at this point is that on my system, it seems that
6 it will work with Nouveau drivers much better than the system currently
7 works with NVIDIA drivers.
8
9 Unfortunately, I haven't managed to get a working version of that yet,
10 but I usually only manage to put a few hours a week on trying to figure
11 it out.
12
13 I fortunately haven't had the problem that I have to kill power to the
14 computer, though I think I have gone through some times I have needed to
15 reboot, rather than just get back into X either through killing
16 processes, or (very rarely) stopping one problematic process which is
17 the source.
18