From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Zebra 2844 thermal printer requires driver change when upgrading cups
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 15:32:22
1 On 06/22/2011 09:40 AM, Grant wrote:
2 > I just upgraded to cups-1.4.6-r2 and my Zebra 2844 thermal label
3 > printer wouldn't work until I modified the printer in the CUPS admin
4 > interface and chose from the latest set of drivers offered for that
5 > printer.
6
7 I've been bitten by the same problem with a couple of printers, and
8 I finally learned to delete all of the existing cups printers and
9 let cups re-install them after an upgrade. The printing problems
10 can be quite subtle sometimes and the cause is not obvious.