From: Marco Matthies <marco-ml@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gaim emerge error
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 13:39:57
1 John Dangler wrote:
2 > I just tried emerging gaim and got this error:
3 > configure: WARNING: Could not find Tcl which is needed for the kadm5 tests
4 > configure: error: Could not find Tcl
5 >
6 > !!! Please attach the config.log to your bug report:
7 > !!! /var/tmp/portage/mit-krb5-1.4.1-r2/work/krb5-1.4.1/src/config.log
8 >
9 > !!! ERROR: app-crypt/mit-krb5-1.4.1-r2 failed.
10 > !!! Function econf, Line 485, Exitcode 0
11 > !!! econf failed
12
13 This is not an error in the gaim ebuild but in the app-crypt/mit-krb5
14 ebuild (look at the line that says ERROR: ...) which probably got pulled
15 in as a dependency of gaim.
16
17 > Everything seems to work ok now, except a message I got during the emerge
18 > said to do this:
19 > make sure to run revdep-rebuild .
20 >
21 > What exactly does this do?
22
23 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoolkit.xml
24 This is the first hit when googling for revdep-rebuild, please try
25 google before asking the list.
26
27 > Should I still send the config.log file in as a bug? (I copied the log file
28 > to another location since I figured /tmp... anything would get overwritten)
29
30 You seem to have maketest in FEATURES (have a look at the output of
31 'emerge info' to see what is set through your configuration and the
32 profiles). When trying to reproduce this bug, it said that the maketest
33 feature had been disabled for debugging, maybe you need to do an emerge
34 sync (but i use amd64, so that might be different here)?
35 anyways, aside from your solution, you could have also done
36 FEATURES="-maketest" emerge foo
37 too disable the maketest feature just for one merge.
38
39 Hope that helps,
40 Marco
41 --