From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] bluetooth headset
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 05:49:16
1 Hi, I am trying get a bluetooth headset working with bluez4. most
2 documentation (even on the bluez site) is is for bluez3 and not
3 applicable.
4
5 Ive installed bluez4, the gnome bluetooth applet (2.26) associates with
6 the headset fine. The headset is a Motorols S9 and I primarily want
7 just a2dp playback, but it would be nice to get the mic working as well
8 (for VoIP/egiga/...) at some point.
9
10 But alsa reports:
11 [AO_ALSA] alsa-lib: pcm.c:2211:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM
12 bluetooth
13 [AO_ALSA] Playback open error: No such file or directory
14 Failed to initialize audio driver 'alsa:device=bluetooth'
15 Could not open/initialize audio device -> no sound.
16 Audio: no sound
17 Video: no video
18
19 Ive tried adding the bluetooth stanza as both a separate stanza
20 "pcm.bluetooth", and as "bluetooth" within the existing pcm scope
21 in /etc/asound.names. The headset works on a freerunner (SHR using
22 a2dp) but its not working on the laptop under gentoo :(
23
24 Anyone got a usable bluez4 guide, or knows how to do this?
25
26 BillK
29 William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
30 Home in Perth!