From: Alan Grimes <ALONZOTG@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Issues with AMD_IOMMU
Date: Sun, 14 May 2017 15:05:53
1 Adam Carter wrote:
2 > Tried kernels 4.10.13 and 4.11, with
3 > CONFIG_GART_IOMMU=y
4 > CONFIG_IOMMU_HELPER=y
5 > CONFIG_IOMMU_API=y
6 > CONFIG_IOMMU_SUPPORT=y
7 > CONFIG_IOMMU_IOVA=y
8 > CONFIG_AMD_IOMMU=y
9 > CONFIG_AMD_IOMMU_V2=m
10 > Chipset is 990FX, and AFAICT the V2 is for the APU (bdver3 and 4 vintage).
11 >
12 > When I enable the IOMMU in the BIOS I get stack traces. Is anyone
13 > using AMD_IOMMU successfully? If so, any tips?
14
15 On a Phenom II? Yeah, I just retired mine a month ago. On that
16 system, the IOMMU hardware was kinda a legacy orphan thingy, I had to go
17 through all kinds of gyrations on the kernel command line in order to
18 initialize it correctly. I think I had it off in the bios, then enabled
19 it using a bunch of kernel commands.
23 Strange Game.
24 The only winning move is not to play.
25
26 Powers are not rights.