From: ivan.kazbanov@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Mic on Skype
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 15:01:12
1 On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 17:41:33 +0300
2 Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de> wrote:
3
4 > On 07/31/2010 03:11 PM, Ivan wrote:
5 > > I have a problem with my microphone on Skype. In general the mic
6 > > works. I can record using `arecord -c2> test.wav'. It also records
7 > > if I type arecord without -c2 option but the sound is *very* low.
8 > > And the same thing occurs when I try to make a Skype test call.
9 >
10 > Maybe you need to set your microphone to +24db in alsamixer and
11 > select "mic" as input source instead of "line in."
15 I don't have a choice what input source to use in alsamixer.
16 And all controls in alsamixer are maximized and not muted.