From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] no keyboard
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 15:32:46
1 On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 17:08:59 +0200, alex@××××××××××××.de wrote:
2
3 > Hi guys, my installation was a success ;-). Everythink works fine,
4 > expect my keyboard ;-(.
5 > I got a "Cherry GmbH CyMotion Master Linux Keyboard" but, unable to
6 > tip something in. So i have to access my system by ssh. i already
7 > install evdev, so now the keyboard will discovered by lsusb:
8
9 Does the keyboard work in a virtual console? I realise you may not be
10 able to exit X without a keyboard, but if you add gentoo=nox to the
11 kernel command line when booting you'll go straight into a VC.
12
13 If that works, it's an X problem, so post the output from
14
15 grep '(EE)' /var/log/Xorg.0.log
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 I heard someone tried the monkeys-on-typewriters bit trying for the plays
22 of W. Shakespeare but all they got was the collected works of Francis
23 Bacon