From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: doug.hunley@×××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] make.{conf,profile} move to /etc/portage
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 19:41:21
1 On Mon, 10 Sep 2012 14:20:04 -0400
2 Doug Hunley <doug.hunley@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 11:05 AM, Hinnerk van Bruinehsen
5 > <h.v.bruinehsen@×××××××××.de> wrote:
6 > > Why not copy them over and create a symlink for "legacy"-reasons?
7 > > I'd guess that every stable version of portage will support it,
8 > > because that change (to the stage 3) wouldn't make sense otherwise.
9 >
10 > I did that a long time ago, actually :)
11 > I was hoping to remove the symlinks now and it looks like I can based
12 > on the -dev post by Zac
15 My test VMs all run stable and all have make.conf in /etc/portage. They
16 all range from 12 - 18 months old
19 Alan McKinnon
20 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com