From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: booting - I don't anystand how the (Linux) world works anymore
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2016 19:20:45
1 Helmut Jarausch <jarausch <at> skynet.be> writes:
4 > But to my surprise I now got a kernel panic
5 > syncing: VFS: unable to mount root fs on unknown block(0,0)
6
7 > So, please tell me what I'm missing?
8
9 I do not know. The kernel development is moving at light speed. I too
10 have lost track of many details. Here is a recent post that may help::
13 http://blog.packagecloud.io/eng/2016/06/22/monitoring-tuning-linux-networking-stack-receiving-data/
16 Also there is a gentoo wiki page on capturing kernel panics::
17
18 https://rich0gentoo.wordpress.com/2011/11/11/kdump-on-gentoo/
19
20 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Kernel_Crash_Dumps