From: "Róbert Čerňanský" <openhs@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Being Facebook member: How to anon?
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 19:33:14
1 On Mon, 23 Oct 2017 17:56:40 +0200
2 tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
3
4 > On 10/23 09:56, Stroller wrote:
5 > >
6 > > > On 22 Oct 2017, at 16:50, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
7 > > >
8 > > > for its invasive nature and its data gathering I really dont like
9 > > > facebook.
10 > > >
11 > > > And now it seems that I cant with out it:
12 > > > There is a HUGE user group for the Creality CR-10 3D printer there
13 > > > and veryone and everything is referencing it.
14 > > >
15 > > > My question is:
16 > > > Are there ways (and which ones) to become member of facebook
17 > > > just to read and write to this user grout (like a mailinglist)
18 > > > and keep the impact on privacy an personal fingerprinting as
19 > > > small as ever possible?
20 > >
21 > > I joined Facebook for the first time this week, for similar reasons
22 > > as, and with similar reservations to, you.
23 > >
24 > > When people upload a photo of you, it performs facial recognition
25 > > and they can "tag" you as being in the photo. You don't have to
26 > > upload a photo of yourself (I'm thinking of trying one in
27 > > sunglasses) and in the privacy settings you're also able to forbid
28 > > people from tagging you.
29 > >
30 > > There are quite granular settings to allow anyone but friends to
31 > > see or post on your timeline - I was quite impressed by how much
32 > > privacy appears to be available to users. I suspect this allows you
33 > > more privacy from you family and colleagues than it does from
34 > > Facebook, though.
35 > >
36 > > Stroller.
40 > Hi,
41 >
42 > thanks a lot for all the input...it seems not only my problem which I
43 > have with facehook.
44 >
45 > I will try th docker-way at first.
46 > But: I am a total (in words: "total") newbie when it comes to docker.
47 > And as I want "only" to encapsulate my inner self from the faces in
48 > that book (and for the first dont need to explore the huge planet of
49 > docker)...does one know of a good documentation for that
50 > purpose...something like: "Facebook for Dummies: How to use docker
51 > for anon access to facebook" ...or something like that ... ;)
52
53 Well, here is very compressed "how to start" (partly from top of my
54 head):
55
56 1. emerge app-emulation/docker and /etc/init.d/docker start
57 2. Add yourself to docker group; re-login
58 3. Choose docker image that you like on hub.docker.com; for example:
59 https://hub.docker.com/r/openhs/firefox-ubuntu/ as I have mentioned in
60 previous mail. It's what I've made for myself and published.
61 4. Follow instructions for your chosen image how to run it. For the
62 openhs/firefox-ubuntu image above, the following command should start
63 Firefox:
64
65 $ docker run --name firefox -e DISPLAY=$DISPLAY --device /dev/snd \
66 -v /tmp/.X11-unix:/tmp/.X11-unix \
67 -v $XAUTHORITY:/tmp/.host_Xauthority:ro -dti openhs/firefox-ubuntu
68
69 What it does is: from image openhs/firefox-ubuntu it creates container
70 named 'firefox' and starts it. (The image is downloaded automatically.)
71
72 This long command is needed only for the first time. Next time you can
73 start it with:
74
75 $ docker start firefox
76
77 Some basic docker commands:
78
79 $ docker ps [-a] - lists running containers [or all containers]
80 $ docker images - lists images
81 $ docker rm [container_name] - removes container
82 $ docker rmi [image_name] - removes image
83
84 The official documentation is pretty good:
85 https://docs.docker.com/get-started/
86
87 Regards,
88 Robert