From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: anti-portage wreckage?
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 06:05:28
1 On Sun, 2006-12-31 at 21:35 -0700, Richard Fish wrote:
2 > On 12/31/06, William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au> wrote:
3 > > However, on most of my machines "system" is empty (went that way soon
4 > > after each install - no idea why) so all I am left with is "world".
5 >
6 > What do mean? The "system" package set is defined by
7 > /usr/portage/profiles/base/packages, and extended by the "packages"
8 > file of whatever profile you are running.
9 >
10 > Does "emerge -evp system" really report no packages to merge?
11 >
12 > -Richard
13
14 rattus ~ # emerge system -ep
15
16 These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
17
18 Calculating system dependencies ... done!
19 rattus ~ #
20
21 3 systems like this, one installed only a few months ago works.
22
23 :)
24 BillK
27 William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>