From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Latest LLVM wants to pollute my machine with VIM stuff.....
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2017 14:33:28
1 Hi all,
2 I'm still trying to come to grips with understanding ebuilds so please
3 bear with me if this is a simple question. I've just sync'd and then
4 done an
5
6 emerge --ask -NuD world
7
8 I have LLVM/clang installed and upon browsing the updates saw
9 app-vim/llvm-vim. This is some sort of syntax highlighting thingy for
10 Vim. I don't have Vim installed so went into the llvm-4.0.0 ebuild and
11 saw the line
12
13 PDEPEND="app-vim/llvm-vim
14
15 My understanding is that PDEPEND means that something, in this case
16 llvm-vim, will be installed after the update of llvm - correct? If so, I
17 can't see any way of "turning this off" as I don't want even more junk
18 installed on my machine.
19
20 Have I understood the ebuild correctly and it could do with a "fiddle"
21 so that it doesn't force this install?
22
23 Regards,
24 Andrew