From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kdepim-4.6.0 woes
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 12:06:28
1 On Wednesday 22 Jun 2011 08:26:54 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 21 June 2011 21:16:14 Michael Schreckenbauer wrote:
3 > > Am Dienstag, 21. Juni 2011, 01:40:47 schrieb Alan McKinnon:
4 > > > Today, kmail hung while accessing my Exchange account over IMAP.
5 > > > The folder list showed 100+ unread mails, but none of them were
6 > > > in the view pane. Deleting that account and recreating it
7 > > > brought everything back.
8 > >
9 > > I was hitten by this also. Recreating the account "fixed" it for me,
10 > > as it did for you. I tried hard to find an explanation, why this
11 > > happened, but had no success at all. If you are more lucky, please
12 > > post your findings here.
13 >
14 > Sadly,
15 >
16 > I have not been able to accomplish anything constructive with
17 > kdepim-4.6.0
18 >
19 > I have concluded that the software is a piece of shit and that the dev
20 > team are not able to deliver a useable product to their market.
21 >
22 > I'm going to look at claws now.
23
24 Been through that cycle once already. :(
25
26 I gave up when I realised that I was spending too much time trying to make
27 Claws behave like ... Kmail! O_O
28
29 Anyway, I noticed that a KDE machine which is using MySQL as a backend for
30 Akonadi is not showing any contacts in its address book. All other boxen use
31 sqlite3 instead and they do not seem to have any noticeable problems.
32
33 Could this be a MySQL issue?
34
35 PS. All of these PCs run stable KDE.