From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "emerge -pvuND world" versus "emerge -pveuND world"
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 21:42:35
1 > Actually, with the 'emptytree' option, it should be trying to rebuild
2 > everything in your 'world' set along with the dependancies using their
3 > current versions and use flags. I'm guessing that the odd behavior is
4 > because you're using it in conjunction with 'uND'. 'Update' and
5 > 'newuse' go against part of what 'emptytree' does, and 'emptytree' is
6 > as 'deep' as it gets. :)
7
8 I get the same output with "emerge -pve world", so the statement from
9 Boris seems more reasonable to me.
10 --
11 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list