From: "Andrés Becerra Sandoval" <andres.becerra@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: xorg-server-1.11.4 runs havoc
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 20:03:41
1 On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 2:28 PM, walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On 01/31/2012 02:53 AM, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
4 > > Hi,
5 > >
6 > > having updated xorg-server from 1.11.3 to 1.11.4 my machine runs havoc.
7 > >
8 > > xdm or slim start as usual, but having entered my password I get a
9 > > blank screen or some colored strips and the only escape is via the
10 > > famous SysRq sequence.
11 > >
12 > > But, disabling xdm, logging in via a console and using startx,
13 > > Xorg is coming up normally and runs normally.
14 > >
15 > > Of course, I've re-emerged everything in x11-drivers.
16 > >
17 > > Has anybody made a similar experience and has somebody an explanation
18 > > for this?
19 >
20 > Does xdm leave log files in /var/log? (I don't know) Maybe there is
21 > something old/invalid in /etc/X11 directing xdm to do something stupid.
22 > Did you try re-emerging xdm? And revdep-rebuild, naturally.
26 kdm was crashing on my box after:
27
28 eselect qtgraphicssystem set 2 (setting opengl)
29
30 After changing it to native, and without rebuilding anything, kdm is
31 running fine.
35 Andrés Becerra Sandoval