From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: suppressing the 'would you like to add --pretend' prompt when using emerge --ask
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 23:06:14
1 160417 »Q« wrote:
2 > It sounds like you'd be happier just running everything as root.
3
4 Oh no ! -- I'ld never run ordinary user apps as root.
5
6 > It wouldn't be any more dangerous
7 > than giving me access to a root terminal on your machine. ;)
8
9 My user terminal (Desktop 2) always has a white background + cyan prompt ;
10 my root terminal (Desktop 7) always has a black background + red prompt ;
11 that's easy to set up with Konsole
12 & makes it clear the latter is down in the basement,
13 where all the pipes + wires are & you've got your safety boots on.
17 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
18 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
19 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca