From: Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't compile media-libs/mesa - do I need gallium?
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 09:02:58
Ühel kenal päeval, E, 17.07.2017 kell 12:00, kirjutas Mart Raudsepp:
> Ühel kenal päeval, E, 17.07.2017 kell 03:46, kirjutas Rasmus Thomsen: > > Hello, > > > > > undefined reference to > > > > `llvm::RTDyldMemoryManager::getSymbolAddressInProcess(std::__cxx11: > > :b > > asic_string , std::allocator > const&)'  > > > > Seems to be the error, maybe you have to recompile llvm with c++11 > > And without any VIDEO_CARDS set, you are only getting llvmpipe with > USE=llvm. If you don't need that with Xpra, you don't need that (and > USE=gallium). I'm not sure if Xpra can make use of it or not, but if > GL > is sent over the wire or something, then probably not at the server- > side. > What llvmpipe is is described here: > https://www.mesa3d.org/llvmpipe.html
Actually to be fully correct, I believe USE=gallium might build more stuff even without any VIDEO_CARDS, e.g some state trackers and whatnot, but nothing useful to really make use of it if you don't have any VIDEO_CARDS for mesa or any other packages.