From: Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [ot General Textmode q]
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 23:25:55
1 On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 04:37:15PM -0500, Penguin Lover Harry Putnam squawked:
2 > Can any one tell me how to copy with mouse (really the left mouse
3 > button provided on the touchpad) but paste from keyboard while in text
4 > (console) mode? Or using the touch pad thing somehow. I've tried
5 > pressing both touchpad buttons at once to emulate middle mouse but it
6 > has no effect.
7
8 In console the copy-paste is provided by GPM. And I thought GPM paste
9 is right mouse key, not middle key. And I am also pretty sure that GPM
10 does not do third button emulation the way X does.
11
12 I think a possibility is that you have plugged in and used a mouse
13 with three buttons. This forced gpm into 3 button mode, so that the
14 middle button becomes paste and right button is extend selection. Then
15 you poor two-button touchpad has no more paste.
16
17 To prevent that edit /etc/conf.d/gpm and add APPEND="-2" to force gpm
18 to stick with 2-button mode.
19
20 HTH
21
22 W
23 --
24 "Do you all understand? At this point I'll settle for quiet acquiescence."
25 ~DeathMech, S. Sondhi. P-town PHY 205
26 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 1019 days, 22:12