From: Michael Higgins <linux@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] ebuild log for net-print/cups-1.3.10-r1
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 23:22:05
1 I _remember_ doing this just a few days ago, so I'm not doing it again... but why is it still throwing a warning? Is this a limitation of portage or the ebuild?
2
3 --------------
4 WARN: postinst
5 /usr/lib/cups exists - You need to remerge every ebuild that
6 installed into /usr/lib/cups and /etc/cups, qfile is in portage-utils:
7 # FEATURES=-collision-protect emerge -va1 $(qfile -qC /usr/lib/cups /etc/cups | sed "s:net-print/cups$::")
8 FEATURES=-collision-protect is needed to overwrite the compatibility
9 symlinks installed by this package, it won't be needed on later merges.
10 You should also run revdep-rebuild
11 --------------
12
13 Did they forget to tell me what to do so that the warning stops? '-)
14
15 Is it possible that it's necessary to re-emerge all those packages on every cups *ebuild* update?
16
17 Cheers,
22 | |ichael | |iggins \^ /
23 michael.higgins[at]evolone[dot]org