From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: help
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 04:36:18
1 On 22 Mar 2010, at 22:51, Mick wrote:
2 >> ...
3 >> In Germany you are still free to sell the software to a third
4 >> person who
5 >> is insane enough to buy Windows ;-)
6 >
7 > But how can you sell it - I think that it is an OEM license which
8 > will only
9 > run in the machine that Dell bought it for, from Microsoft.
10
11 You can use a standard Windows OEM installation cd, such as the one
12 that comes in this package <http://www.ebuyer.com/product/114048> with
13 any Windows OEM license sticker.
14
15 If the sticker bears Dell, Compaq, Advent &c branding, this is
16 irrelevant to the actual number on the sticker. You can copy a
17 friend's CD and use that - I avoid manufacturer branded "restore" CDs,
18 however.
19
20 Stroller.