From: Caveman Al Toraboran <toraboracaveman@××××××××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] tuning desktop appearance for legibility
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2020 20:16:56
1 ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
2 On Friday, September 4, 2020 12:06 AM, Caveman Al Toraboran <toraboracaveman@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > with qutebrowser, i added these in my config.py
4 > file:
5 >
6 > c.aliases['style-none'] = 'config-unset -t content.user_stylesheets'
7 > c.aliases['style-night'] = 'set -t content.user_stylesheets night.css'
8 > c.aliases['style-wiki'] = 'set -t content.user_stylesheets wiki.css'
9
10 just to add a note against my suggestion:
11
12 - qutebrowser is based on qt libraries, such
13 as qt-webengine, and hence requires a big
14 compile time.
15
16 so unless you really like the vim user interface
17 of qutebrowser, you may not like experience of
18 waiting for long compile time of big qt libraries.
19
20 i'm sure there are people in this list who know
21 good plugins for chrome/firefox that does the same
22 thing (or better).
23
24 but generally, the idea of using user style sheets
25 for websites, is a neat idea that —imo— worth
26 trying regardless of which browser you use.