From: Daniel Pielmeier <billie@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Google pop3 authentication failure
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2022 04:36:08
1 Am 1. Juli 2022 00:33:52 UTC schrieb Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>:
2 >On Thu, Jun 30, 2022 at 02:29:03PM -0000, Grant Edwards wrote
3 >>
4 >> OAUTH is pretty complicated.
5 >>
6 >> However, setting up an app password is very simple. It only takes a
7 >> few clicks. Quoting from the google support page (first link above):
8 >>
9 >> 1. Log in to your Google Account.
10 >> 2. Click "Security".
11 >
12 > This doesn't do anything. It leaves me at the same page. I do not
13 >see "App Passwords". I've tried this with both Pale Moon and
14 >Google-Chrome. Now what?
17 It is only available if Two Factor Authentication is also enabled. Everything is documented on the support pages.
18
19 https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185839?hl=en
20 https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en
24 Best regards