From: "Dustin C. Hatch" <admiralnemo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: udev downgrade
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2013 20:19:22
1 On 1/4/2013 14:31, Kevin Chadwick wrote:
2 > On Fri, 04 Jan 2013 13:52:29 -0600
3 > "Dustin C. Hatch" <admiralnemo@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> You'll probably want to do this in single user mode (i.e.
6 >> `rc single`), so running programs don't crash suddenly. A reboot
7 >> afterward is probably a good idea as well.
8 >
9 > I'm interested in what may crash, do you mean after logging out and in
10 > again etc.. I have started and stopped udev in the past during testing
11 > without any apparent problems.
12 >
13 I'm not sure what would crash, if anything. It may very well be fine; I
14 was just offering the suggestion just in case. If it were me doing it,
15 I'd at least do it on a virtual console and not in an X11 terminal, in
16 case your keyboard stops working (which seems unlikely, but I've learned
17 that nothing is too crazy to expect when dealing with udev)
20 ♫Dustin