From: Matthew Marlowe <matt@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: Re: [gentoo-user] Vmware modules doesn't build for gentoo-2.6.9-gentoo-r3 kernel
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 23:47:53
1 >>
2 >> >>What is the location of the directory of C header files that match your
3 >> >>running
4 >> >>kernel? [/lib/modules/2.6.9-gentoo-r3/build/include]
5 >> >>
6 >> >>
7
8 The above is the correct syntax. We are using similiar g.d.s. kernels for vmware GSX here.
9 However, you probably want to switch to the ck kernel tree as it has patches to fix oom-killer
10 and other vmware sensitive bugs. Otherwise, your you may find virtual machines being killed
11 off for no reason during high util.
12
13 I don't know why the modules weren't building for you.
14
15 Did you apply the any-any patch? We are using version 84 w/o problem and it updates
16 the vmware module sources to work better w/ 2.6.x kernels.
17
18 It can be found at:
19 http://ftp.cvut.cz/vmware/
20