From: Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Transferring old video tapes to disk
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 18:04:18
1 Am 23.01.2012 01:23, schrieb Andrey Moshbear:
2 > Get a tuner card with composite-in support.
3 > Recompile your kernel to add V4L support and <m> the required drivers.
4 >
5 > Then use vlc, mplayer, etc to capture to file.
8 Or some other kind of frame grabber (as this functionality is usually
9 called). This can be a video card, tv tuner or stand-alone device.
10 S-Video or component video will get you better quality than composite
11 but I guess it will not really matter with such old tapes.
12
13 Some camcorders also allow recording from external inputs. I guess
14 renting one will be easier and cheaper than buying a new tuner card,
15 especially because modern DVB tuners typically lack this functionality.
16
17 Regards,
18 Florian Philipp