From: "Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" <chad@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dropping harddrives (WAS Which filesystem for a notebook?)
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 18:08:05
1 On Aug 10, 2005, at 10:14 AM, Billy Holmes wrote:
2
3 > Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:
6 >> Probably was suffering from "stiction" (google it)
9 > I'm pretty sure this HD had autoparking heads (I'm almost positive
10 > all IDE drives have). I could see it being a problem if it was an
11 > MFM drive however...
12
13 stiction occurred with drives with autoparking heads... They just
14 park on special zones of the drive that do not contain data
15
16 Chad
19 > --
20 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
24 ---
25 Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC
26 Your Web App and Email hosting provider
27 chad@×××××.net
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list