From: Dutch Ingraham <stoa@×××.us>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Systemd upower
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2014 22:27:29
1 On 06/05/2014 11:40 AM, Tom Wijsman wrote:
2 > On Thu, 5 Jun 2014 16:15:11 +0200
3 > "Dutch Ingraham" <stoa@×××.us> wrote:
4 >
5 >> If you could point me to the proper command set to make the switch,
6 >> I'd appreciate it.
7 >
8 > Remove the overlay (`layman -d mate`) and then do a world upgrade.
9 >
10 > It is as simple as that, as it'll upgrade all those packages to the
11 > versions that are in the Portage tree; if not, please let me know.
12 >
13 > Good luck and thank you in advance.
14 >
15 OK Tom, I'll try that tonight. Thanks to everyone who offered
16 solutions, and especially to TomWij and Samuli for their extra effort.
17
18 For my future reference, could someone point me to the documentation
19 that provides for the situation where an application installed under
20 layman is migrated to the portage tree? I understand now the procedure
21 seems simple, but without that information, I wouldn't ordinarily just
22 presume such a simple fix (kudos to the portage devs/maintainers)(I
23 certainly would have done it long ago when Tom first populated the tree).
24
25 I have checked the following sources and find nothing but how to install
26 and work with overlays, but only the command above for removing one -
27 nothing on migration: Gentoo Overlays User's Guide, the Gentoo wikis on
28 overlays and layman, the layman, portage, and emerge manpages, and the
29 Gentoo Handbook.
30
31 Thanks again for all the help.