From: Sam Jorna <wraeth@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to contribute ebuilds?
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2016 11:51:20
1 On Sun, Apr 24, 2016 at 02:42:52PM +0300, Victor wrote:
2 > What is the preferred way to contribute them without becoming a Gentoo
3 > Developer?
4 >
5 > Should I post them to bugzilla or maybe send to `python' and `emacs'
6 > overlays (if so, how?), or `sunrise' overlay? Or create my own overlay?
7
8 Hi!
9
10 You can file a "New Ebuild" request on Bugzilla (go to "New" -> "Gentoo
11 Linux" and select the component "New Ebuilds"), or you can fork the
12 Portage tree on GitHub[0] and submit a Pull Request.
13
14 If you're interested, you can also become a proxy-maintainer for the
15 package - you would be responsible for bugs and version-bumps, and while
16 you wouldn't have commit/push access to the development Portage tree,
17 the members of the Proxy Maintainers project[1] are there to help
18 prepare and commit ebuilds and patches.
19
20 Thanks in advance for the contribution!
21 --
22 Sam Jorna (wraeth)
23 GnuPG Key: D6180C26