From: JimD <Jim@×××××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel 2.6 and OpenGL
Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 17:10:25
1 marcin wrote:
2
3 > Can anyone tell me how to "increase priority" for OpenGL?
4 >
5 > Thanks, Marcin
6
7 I am using gentoo-sources with the Anticipatory I/O sched and did not
8 notice a slow down when I ran glxgears and nbench. I get about 980 fps
9 on my laptop with or without nbench running. What kernel sources are
10 you using? Have you tried the anticipatory i/o scheduler? Also under
11 "Processor Type and Features" set the "Preemption Model" to Low-latency
12 desktop and make sure you check "Preempt the Big Kernel Lock". Scroll
13 down to "Timer Frequency" and set that to 1000 HZ.
14
15 Jim
16 --
18 There's no place like 127.0.0.1