From: Roger Mason <rmason@×××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gnome & keychain
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 17:16:18
1 Hi Alexander,
2
3 Alexander <b3nder@××××××.ru> writes:
4
5 > On Friday 29 January 2010 19:45:53 Roger Mason wrote:
6 >>
7 >> I would like to know how to configure gdm/gnome to ask for the
8 >> passprhase once, at login so that I don't have to enter it multiple
9 >> times.
10 >>
11 >> Thanks,
12 >> Roger
16 > try to install app-crypt/seahorse and maybe app-crypt/seahorse-plugins
17
18 I have seahorse installed and it is in the list of startup apps under
19 Preferences. I _am_ being asked for a _passphrase_ when I try to ssh to
20 another machine (although the dialogue calls it a _password_). I have
21 no idea which application is popping up this dialogue. Having supplied
22 the passphrase I can ssh to the remote machine without being asked again
23 for the passphrase. However, if I then open an xterm on my local
24 machine and start an xterm inside it I am prompted for the passphrase
25 again, on the xterm, not in a dialogue box.
26
27 Thanks,
28 Roger