From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Tips/Tricks for Gentoo on low-spec computer?
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 17:38:16
1 On 2009-01-20, Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > My biggest suggestion for a slow machine is: distcc
4
5 I'm not too concerned about build times for large packages. The
6 machine isn't going to be connect to a network and once it's
7 in a "working" state won't be doing much emerging.
8
9 Secondly, I've never had much luck with distcc. When I last
10 tried it (admittedly a couple years ago), I immediately started
11 tripping over packages that wouldn't build using distcc.
14 Grant Edwards grante Yow! Are you still an
15 at ALCOHOLIC?
16 visi.com