From: Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CD/DVD burning tools?
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 09:09:00
1 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Monday 23 June 2008, Chuanwen Wu wrote:
4 > > Hi,
5 > > I want to burn CD/DVD under Gentoo, I have installed Xfce.
6 > > So, can anybody recommend some CD/DVD burning tools, which is better
7 > > if does not depend Gnome or KDE?
8 >
9 > Have a look in $PORTDIR/app-cdr and $PORTDIR/xfce-extra
10 >
11 > Lots of stuff there to play with from cdrdao to xfburn
12
13 cdrdao has not been enhanced since many years now.
14 BTW: Could you tell me a feature from cdrdao which you really use and that
15 is not supported by cdrecorde?
16
17 xfburn is based on non-portable (linux only) code. If you ever like
18 to use a different OS, you should know that you will not find this software.
19
20 Jörg
23 EMail:joerg@××××××××××××××××××××××××.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
24 js@××××××××××××.de (uni)