From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] System won't boot if CMOS clock is slow
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 15:06:40
1 On 16 January 2013, at 16:43, Grant Edwards wrote:
2
3 > I'm having problems with one of my Gentoo systems who's motherboard
4 > clock is a little slow. When the system comes up, the system time is
5 > set from the motherboard clock. If that's slow, something in the init
6 > system seems to panic because some file or other has a timestamp in
7 > the future.
8
9 You've had lots of other suggestions here, but I think this is handled fine if you add ntp to the default runlevel (and assuming the system can connect to the net).
10
11 Stroller.