From: Florian Philipp <lists@××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT]nfs question
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 17:00:26
1 On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 18:37 +0200, ionut cucu wrote:
2 > Hi list!
3 > I want to share my files in my lan with various files systems. I've
4 > tried so far sshfs and now nfs but both have the following issue:
5 > should the router/hub go down, or one of participants to my
6 > inner-circle sharing buddies close their pc, neither of the rest can
7 > enter home...we all have the nfs/sshfs mounted
8 > in /home/user/otheruserdir. I tried restarting nfs/nfsmount nothing.
9 > Umounting will not work because "umount.nfs: Server failed to unmount
10 > '10.6.3.41:/home/cuci' umount2: Device or resource busy
11 > umount.nfs: /home/iosz/temp: device is busy" --as an example. And lsof
12 > gets stuck. Any ideas on how to avoid this?
13
14 Try to use Coda. It's designed keep on working when you disconnect.
15 However, I can't give you any support on it. I just know that it is
16 capable of doing so.