From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is it sefe to unmerge?
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 04:17:31
1 On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 01:17:35AM +0200, Penguin Lover Alan McKinnon squawked:
2 > emerge -n pwdb
3
4 Actually, don't do that. Alan gave the right answer, but it seems that
5 my portage tree was just a few days out of date. flameeyes just
6 removed the dependency for pwdb from pam. (See my other reply for the
7 message.
8
9 So this might actually explain why depclean and equery depends gave
10 you different answers: one was reading the new entry for pam in the
11 tree, and one was reading the old entry for (the same version... why
12 didn't they bump the version?) pam in /var/db. And since the version
13 was not bumped, your emerge --update world or whatever did not think
14 to rebuild pam (and copy the new ebuild to /var/db)....
15
16 A weird incident at that.
17
18 Best wishes,
19
20 W
21 --
22 One man's vacuum is another man's sewer.
23 ~N. Milleron
24 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 433 days, 2:45
25 --
26 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list