From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [extremly, wildly, obscenely OT] Is there a Linux system without GNU userlands?
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 23:25:43
1 On Mon, 2008-08-11 at 00:54 +0200, b.n. wrote:
2
3 > That's why I asked if there is some Linux that is not "a little bit" but
4 > *wildly* different, as to be almost unrecognizable as the Linux we're
5 > all familiar with (that usually is done by a bash/zsh/ksh shell + other
6 > gnu coreutils etc.)
7 >
8 > For a (theoretical) example, imagine a system that boots in the Windows
9 > Powershell on top of the Linux kernel.
12 Now that you mention it, I think there is a PLC manufacturer that has a
13 "real time windows CE" environment. It works because they use a Linux
14 kernel with the low latency and real-time options, which only hands over
15 run time to windows when it decides it can. I was reading about it a
16 while back... If you want I could dig up some more?
17
18 cya,
22 You can do more with a kind word and a gun than with just a kind word.
23 - Al Capone