From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Getting better logging for genkernel/initramfs stage
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 07:57:51
1 On Wed, 28 Mar 2012 12:17:36 +0800, William Kenworthy wrote:
2
3 > Is it possible to get an initramfs from genkernel to log its messages
4 > somewhere as well as the console? - I am getting a failure to mount /usr
5 > and from the few seconds the error message is on the the screen I cant
6 > see why as the parameters it prints look good, so I am looking for a
7 > way to go back and examine it in slow time.
8
9 I add set -x to the start of the init script and sleep commands at
10 various points so I can see exactly what is going on.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 Stop tagline theft! Copyright your tagline (c)