From: Maxim Wexler <maxim.wexler@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] can't remove device-mapper can't install it either -- FIXED
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 00:17:45
1 > IIRC in a thread from a few months ago there was a tip about putting
2 > the 'pause <secs>' command into a certain config file, which I can't
3 > recall. Or was it 'delay <secs>' or 'time <secs>' ? This was meant for
4 > the hardware to catch its breath so to speak and allow the system to
5 > find the SD card. This was about the same time I noticed that SD
6 > support was missing from the kernel. So maybe it was the the delay I
7 > added to that script, which may have disappeared in an etc-update
8 > session, and not the SD support after all. Grabbing straws here ;(
9
10 It was 'sleep <secs>' and was meant to go just before the line
11 starting 'ebegin' in /etc/init.d/checkfs which is no longer used in
12 favo(u)r of /etc/init.d/fsck. So maybe SD support is extraneous. If I
13 feel adventurous, next kernel compile time, I'll remove the support
14 and see if it's really needed.
15
16 mw