From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo in a tight place
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 19:50:18
1 --- Dave Nebinger <dnebinger@××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > > I was going to use this disk to help
4 > diagnose/repair
5 > > the 120G which is down.
6 >
7 > Um, maybe I missed something Maxim. Do you have a
8 > cdrom? If so, just boot
9 > from a knoppix cd. Comes with tons of repair tools
10 > already on it. Then you
11 > wouldn't have to struggle with trying to get that
12 > small drive into a bootable
13 > state...
14
15 I was afraid it had gone past that since / on the
16 120G, a Maxtor, can't even be mounted, boots into a
17 kernel panic and has lots of dma_intr(0x51) errors.
18 But I notice even min-install.iso has lots of tools
19 and I do happen to have a knoppix CD...
22 > --
23 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
31 Start your day with Yahoo! - Make it your home page!
32 http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
33 --
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list