From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] hal, how to chose between nvidia and nv
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 04:45:40
1 Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
2 > Dale schrieb:
3 >
4 >> Arnau Bria wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> or try xorg with no hal support.
7 >>>
8 >>> Thanks for your replies!
9 >>>
10 >>>
11 >>>
12 >> I can tell you that using xorg without hal works. I gave up on hal a
13 >> while back. If you want to know how to get rid of hal support, just let
14 >> us know or search the archives.
17 > I would also like to know ... oh yes.
22 Both ways have been mentioned in other replies. You can emerge xorg
23 with hal disabled, either globally or in package.use, or add the line
24 Option "AutoAddDevices" "false" to xorg.conf.
25
26 Now me, I wanted to make very sure so I put both. I disabled the USE
27 flag and put the line in xorg.conf just to make certain.
28
29 So far it works fine here. I hope this will work for you as well if you
30 decide to try this way.
31
32 Dale
33