From: Etienne.Hilson@×××××××.be
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] emerge pb with vmware-linux-tools
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 10:17:04
1 Hello.
2
3 Since my last portage update (like many other people), I got the error message
4 Calculating world dependencies
5 !!! Problems have been detected with your world file
6 !!! Please run emaint --check world
7
8 I run emaint --check world and it told me this :
9
10 'app-emulation/vmware-linux-tools' has no ebuilds available
11
12 Then, I do a emerge -s vmware-linux-tools :
13
14 * app-emulation/vmware-linux-tools [ Masked ]
15 Latest version available: 5.0.0
16 Latest version installed: 5.0.0
17 Size of downloaded files: 11,103 kB
18 Homepage: http://www.vmware.com/
20 License: vmware
21
22 Then I thought "Oh yes, sure this stuff is not into the stable branch !"
23 (and I'm not "~x86" because I'm a Gentoo newbie)
24
25 I make also a emerge --info vmware-linux-tools to check but I saw this :
26 ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="x86"
27
28 I don't understand then why it is masked...
29
30 I search on the Gentoo portage documentation and put
31 app-emulation/vmware-linux-tools
32 into the /etc/portage/package.unmask file
33 but after that, nothing changed :-(
34
35 I have two questions :
36 Why is it masked although ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="x86" ?
37 How could I resolve my issue and make it unmasked for me ?
38
39 Thank you :-)
43 Etienne Hilson
44 Alcatel Bell SA