From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] has anyone tried KDE5?
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 17:06:53
1 On 10/14/2014 01:16 PM, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 >
3 > Not really strange - I got something similar with dolphin too.
4 >
5 > I use NFS mounts in dolphin a lot (not using the built-in nfs kpart,
6 > it's a traditional mount). Double clicking through on folder names would
7 > often select everything from where the cursor landed to the top of what
8 > is shown in the dolphin window. F5 refresh, or Alt-left and Alt-right
9 > wouldn't change anything (I assume some caching is involved). But,
10 > clicking away from the current pane to some other folder outside the nfs
11 > mount, then re-navigating back to it would make the issue go away.
12
13 This is exactly the issue I have but it isn't with an NFS mount, it's
14 with a mount to my raid device (actual full 3ware RAID card, not a
15 fakeraid.)
18 > I keep this ~amd64 system quite current (update twice weekly or so) and
19 > haven't run into this again for about 6 weeks now. Looks like someone
20 > fixed something, in whole or in part.
24 I don't update that often, generally once a month I update. Maybe sooner
25 than that, but not once a week. I usually exclude mythtv until I have
26 enough time to upgrade the backend and all frontends at the same time,
27 but I am going to have to do a full update including mythtv really soon
28 as Tribune (and as such, schedulesdirect) do not offer the old XML TV
29 listings as of November 1. Sigh...
30
31 That aside, when I do this major update on all of my PCs maybe the issue
32 will finally go away.
33
34 Dan