From: jerry <jturba@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Confused about latest gentoo-sources
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 23:59:02
1 Andrei Slavoiu wrote:
2
3 >It looks like you are using a very old profile. Make
4 >sure /etc/make.profile points to a recent profile (for
5 >the x86 architecture that would be
6 >/usr/portage/profiles/default-linux/x86/2006.0)
7 >See http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-upgrading.xml
11 You are right and I am using an old profile:
12 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 48 Aug 30 2005 make.profile ->
13 ../usr/portage/profiles/default-linux/x86/2005.0
14
15 I read the doc you suggested. Either I completely missed/misunderstood
16 the notice that was sent warning me to upgrade to a newer profile, or
17 the warning may not have been sent because according to the
18 gentoo-upgrading doc a new file should have been added to the 2005.0
19 directory named "deprecated" ; the contents of which contain the name of
20 the new profile to be used.
21
22 There is a "deprecated" file in /usr/portage/profiles/obsolete/x86 that
23 says 2004.3 is the upgraded profile.
24
25 I have run emerge -u portage and it says everything is fine.
26
27 The gentoo-upgrading doc does not indicate how to upgrade to the 2006.0
28 profile. Is merely changing the symlink adequate as was done for 2005.0
29 --> 2005.1?
30
31 Jerry
32 --