From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] scrapping hal
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 15:25:58
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > Apparently, though unproven, at 16:36 on Thursday 28 October 2010, Dale did
3 > opine thusly:
6 >> What's the old saying, if it's working, don't fix it.
7 >>
8 > "What's the old saying, if it's working, don't fix it, until it's ancient, not
9 > supported and your box won't update world anymore so you are up the creek
10 > without a paddle and shit outta luck"
11 >
12 > There ya go, fixed that for ya Dale :-)
16 Well, if I wanted to stay fairly ancient, I could have stayed with
17 Mandrake. They were pretty slow to release packages and even then they
18 were way behind. lol
19
20 That's one thing about Gentoo, you get new stuff pretty quick even if
21 you run stable. If you run unstable, you get things really quick, bugs
22 and all. ;-)
23
24 Speaking of ancient:
25
26 Apr 16 2009 /boot/bzImage-2.6.23-r8-8
27
28 I still got that old kernel in there. I would be surprised if it would
29 boot and work. I bet udev would really have "issues" with that old
30 thing. I'm not running that tho. I am actually up to 2.6.35-gentoo-r4
31 so far. See, I'm not completely ancient. lol
32
33 Dale
34