From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Strange messages at boot
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 11:48:36
1 On Thursday 29 June 2006 13:35, jarry@×××.net wrote:
2
3 > Probably net.eth0 starting has beem somehow moved into boot-runlevel.
4 > AFAIK it should be in defeult-runlevel, so try to move it there:
5 >
6 > rc-update del net.eth0 boot
7 > rc-update add net.eth0 default
8
9 No, it's correctly in default runlevel (spaced for better readability):
10
11 [Thu Jun 29 14:59:18 root@mozart ~]# rc-update show
12 * Invalid runlevel entry: /etc/runlevels/boot/.keep
13 * Invalid runlevel entry: /etc/runlevels/default/.keep
14 * Invalid runlevel entry: /etc/runlevels/nonetwork/.keep
15 * Invalid runlevel entry: /etc/runlevels/single/.keep
16 acpid | default
17 bootmisc | boot
18 checkfs | boot
19 checkroot | boot
20 clock | boot
21 consolefont | boot
22 cupsd | default
23 domainname | default
24 famd | default
25 hostname | boot
26 hotplug | boot
27 iptables | default
28 keymaps | boot
29 local | default nonetwork
30 localmount | boot
31 modules | boot
32 net.eth0 | default
33 net.lo | boot
34 netmount | default
35 rmnologin | boot
36 serial | boot
37 spamd | default
38 sshd | default
39 sysklogd | default
40 urandom | boot
41 vixie-cron | default
42 xfs | default
43
44 [Thu Jun 29 14:59:25 root@mozart ~]# ls /etc/runlevels/boot/
45 bootmisc checkroot consolefont hotplug localmount net.lo serial
46 checkfs clock hostname keymaps modules rmnologin urandom
47
48 [Thu Jun 29 14:59:37 root@mozart ~]# ls -l /etc/runlevels/default
49 acpid domainname iptables net.eth0 spamd sysklogd xfs
50 cupsd famd local netmount sshd vixie-cron
54 Typing the first command showed also the "Invalid runlevel
55 entry: /etc/runlevels/boot/.keep" errors that I did not notice before.
56 Seems that the new baselayout has introduced some changes. I'll
57 investigate further.
58
59 Thanks for the reply.
60 --