From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /usr/bin/time is in what package?
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2010 10:54:11
1 On Sun, 2010-07-04 at 10:59 +0100, Stroller wrote:
2 > On 4 Jul 2010, at 09:22, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 > > in what package can I find /usr/bin/time (not the shell's builtin) ?
4 >
5 > sys-process/time
6 >
7 > > Or, in other more general words: How can I find a package which
8 > > contains a certain installable file?
9 >
10 > qfile /usr/bin/time
11 >
12 > Stroller.
16 This only works for files already on your system which is ok if thats
17 what you want. If like in this case you are trying to locate a binary
18 thats not installed - how do you find what package its in?
19
20 For me its down to googling and seeing what other distros use and map
21 that back to a gentoo package as far as I can see.
22
23 BillK
27 William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
28 Home in Perth!